The year of "Comparisons"
The CEU Institute for Advanced Study (CEU IAS) is pleased to invite applications for its Senior and Junior Core and Humanities Initiative fellowships for the academic year 2014/15.
In the 2014/15 academic year the guiding theme of the Institute will be “Comparisons”. We do not require that fellows do comparative research, this is not part of the selection criteria. The theme is designed as a catalyst for intellectual conversations on doing empirical research and producing social theory. We expect to organize a handful of events around the theme of “Comparisons” in the hope that it will engender productive conversations and support fellows’ ongoing research work even if it is not explicitly comparative in nature.
CEU IAS Fellowships are highly competitive and will be awarded on the basis of scholarly excellence.
Application deadline for all three fellowships: October 20, 2013
How to apply?
1. Read the detailed requirements by clicking on the fellowship of interest below.
Please save your application form frequently, at least once in every 15 minutes!
You will be required to submit the following material:
- The online application form
- A short description of your research project (max 1,000 words, which does not include references)
- An abstract of a research project (max 150 words)
- A CV including your most important publications (max 2,000 words)
- For Junior and Humanities Initiative applicants ONLY: the name and email address of a referee.
- For Humanities Initiative applicants ONLY: A cover letter of no more than 1,000 words in which you describe what courses you propose to teach and what kinds of connections you envision between your research and teaching agenda and faculty/ departments/ research groups at the CEU.
Other fellowships available at CEU IAS
For questions and comments please email: IAS_applications@ceu.hu